ENGERWITZDORF, Austria, 14 September 2023: E+E Elektronik announced the launch of HTS801, the new humidity and temperature sensor for industrial applications. Making the announcement through a Press release, E+E Elektronik said HTS801, based on an E+E sensing element with a monolithic structure, is suitable for applications with high humidity and chemical exposure. The company further said an integrated heater enables targeted heating of the sensing element to prevent condensation and its negative impacts on the measurement results.
The release said depending on the requirements, two type-specific operating modes are available for selection: Condensation Guard, in case of short-term risk of condensation and High Humidity Guard, for permanent exposure to high humidity and condensing conditions. In addition, the release said all HTS801 models have an Automatic ReCovery (ARC) function. The release further said that ARC removes chemical impurities and eliminates possible drift effects through short-term intensive heating of the sensing element.
E+E Elektronik said E+E sensor coating protects the sensing element and leads against corrosion or deposits. The company said that this special coating extends the sensor’s service life, ensuring accurate measurement results and improved long-term stability in harsh or corrosive environments.
E+E Elektronik said HTS801 is suitable for a variety of applications owing to its wide operating range from -80 degrees C to 180 degrees C (-112 degrees F to 356 degrees F) and 300 bar (4 351 psi), such as:
- For monitoring drying processes
- Humidity and temperature monitoring in fuel cell test benches, climate chambers or high-humidity storage rooms to demanding measurement tasks in meteorology and much more
Furthermore, the company said the rugged polycarbonate or stainless-steel enclosure, featuring IP65 / NEMA 4X protection, supports easy mounting and maintenance of the HTS801.
According to E+E Elektronik, some of the features of HTS801 are:
- Plug-and-Play Probe Exchange: The HTS801 offers the option of smart, pluggable sensing probes, and every HTS801 rapidX smart probe can be exchanged without configuration, adjustment or calibration following the plug-and-play principle. Moreover, the specific parameters are stored directly in the probe and transmitted to the sensor when the probe is plugged in. This avoids downtime and costs if a probe needs to be replaced due to damage or for recalibration.
- Display with Data Logging and Diagnostics Function: The HTS801 is optionally available with a 3.5″ TFT colour display, allowing up to four physical quantities to be displayed simultaneously and monitored locally. The integrated data logging function, the company said, stores up to 20,000 measured values per measurand, and the values can be visualised on the display or downloaded using the USB service interface. Additionally, the operating status of the HTS801 can be checked directly on the device with an on-board diagnostics function.
- Interfaces and Configuration: The measured data will be available at two freely scalable analogue outputs, RS485 (Modbus RTU) or Ethernet PoE (Modbus TCP) interface, and at two alarm (relay) outputs, and this will enable flexible integration of the sensor into customer’s data acquisition systems. The HTS801 can be configured via the USB port using the free PCS10 configuration software or directly on the device using the display and push buttons.