ATLANTA, Georgia, United States, 24 March 2022: ASHRAE said registration is now open for the 2022 ASHRAE Annual Conference, from June 25 to 29, at the Sheraton Centre Hotel, Toronto.
According to ASHRAE, the five-day conference includes sessions addressing current trends and technologies in the HVAC&R industry, as well as tours, social events and a keynote message from Fredi Lajvardi, STEM educator and subject of IMAX film, Dream Big.
“ASHRAE’s Annual Conference offers a unique combination of education, technology and networking in an effective format where industry professionals can share best practices, insights and real-world experiences with peers from around the world,” said Mick Schwedler, 2021-22 ASHRAE President. “We’re excited to come together in Toronto – a vibrant city known for innovation – and know the conference will be a worthwhile experience for all in attendance.”
According to ASHRAE, the conference’s technical programme comprises eight tracks, with over 70 sessions and over 200 speakers. Topics include decarbonisation, environmental health and energy system integration and building performance, the Society said.
According to ASHRAE, tracks include:
- Fundamentals and Applications
- HVAC&R Systems and Equipment
- 9th Annual Research Summit
- IAQ, Energy Use, Comfort and Health of Sustainable Buildings
- Connected Buildings, Connected Communities
- Buildings in the Aftermath of COVID-19
- Professional Development and Education
- Cold Climate Building System Design, Operation and Resilience
ASHRAE said it will also conduct business, committee and technical meetings in the weeks leading up to and during the conference. It said members will be recognised for Society and industry achievements, and Farooq Mehboob, 2022-2023 ASHRAE President, will present the inaugural Society theme address on “Securing Our Future”.
According to ASHRAE, registration includes:
- Access to technical programme from Sunday, June 26 to Wednesday, June 29 (seminars, workshops, paper sessions, debates and panels)
- Access to conference proceedings
- Networking opportunities
The ASHRAE Ventilation 2022: 13th International Industrial Ventilation Conference for Contaminant Control will immediately precede the ASHRAE Annual Conference at the same location, from June 22 to 24, the Society said, adding that dual registration opportunities will be available at a discounted rate. It encouraged those interested in attending the events to visit ashrae.org/2022annual and ashrae.org/ventilation2022.