DUBAI, UAE, 10 May 2021: Armstrong Fluid Technology has unveiled a new line of Design Envelope pumps with permanent magnet, NEMA 4X/IP66-rated motors, for outdoor installation. Making the announcement through a Press release, Armstrong said the new pumps feature advanced performance-mapping technology and load-limiting logic, which reduce energy consumption by as much as 30% compared to pumps supplied with a loose variable-speed drive. Together with new more efficient pump hydraulics, the new 1 to 10hp pumps can save an additional 20% compared to competing integrated products with induction motors, the company added.
According to Armstrong, other features of the new pumps include:
- Cover to protect touchscreen user interface from dirt and sunlight
- Overhead weather shield, which protects motor fan from ice seizures
- Factory-tested NEMA 4X rated controls, which are TL-approved
- Available parallel sensorless control, which provides additional energy savings through best-efficiency staging
- Available Pump Manager service, which provides pump performance tracking along with alerts, alarms and data storage
“The conventional approach to rooftop and outdoor pumps is to install VFDs in a central, outdoor-rated control panel, separate from the pumps,” said Zeljko Terzic, Global Offering Manager, Pumps. “This adds unnecessary costs and requires a larger footprint. Our new Design Envelope pumps feature integrated controls for a reduced footprint and substantially reduced installation costs.”