Atlanta, Georgia, USA, 27 June 2018: ASHRAE installed its 2018–2019 president, executive committee officers and directors during its Annual Conference, which was held from June 23 to 27, 2018, in Houston, Texas, United States, the organisation said in a Press communiqué.
ASHRAE’s 2018–2019 president is Shelia J. Hayter, Fellow ASHRAE, the communiqué said. During her inaugural presidential address, Hayter announced her term’s theme will be “Building Our New Energy Future”, the communiqué further said. The theme focuses on the important role buildings will play in our energy future, as the traditional electrical grid continues to evolve toward a smart grid with advances in renewable energy, the communiqué added.
Speaking on the occasion, Hayter, said: “ASHRAE is eager to establish new networks and partnerships as we expand the Society’s opportunities to engage the many industry sectors that have a stake in our new energy future. We will strengthen our leadership position by serving as a bridge that connects buildings, energy and the environment to new ideas and technologies to advance toward a more sustainable world for future generations.”
According to ASHRAE, while serving as the Society’s president, Hayter will continue her role as a group manager with the U.S. Department of Energy’s National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) in Golden, Colorado. She will also serve as chair of ASHRAE’s Board of Directors and Executive Committee, the communiqué said.
According to ASHRAE, elected officers who will serve one-year terms are:
- President-Elect: Darryl K. Boyce, Fellow Life Member ASHRAE, assistant vice president, facilities management and planning, Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Treasurer: Charles E. Gulledge III, Member ASHRAE, HBPD, senior mechanical engineer, Environmental Air Systems LLC., High Point, N.C.
- Vice President: Julia A. Keen, Fellow ASHRAE, BEAP, HBDP, professor, Architectural Engineering & Construction Science Department, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kan.
- Vice President: Malcom Dennis Knight, Fellow ASHRAE, BEMP, owner, Whole Building Systems, LLC, Mt. Pleasant, S.C.
- Vice President: Michael C. A. Schwedler, Fellow ASHRAE, applications engineering manager, Trane, La Crosse, Wis.
- Vice President: Farooq Mehboob, Fellow Life Member ASHRAE, principal consultant, S. Mehboob & Company Consulting Engineers, Karachi, Pakistan
The communiqué said, ASHRAE also introduced its newest directors, who will serve three-year terms, from 2018 to 2021:
- Region I Director and Regional Chair: Christopher G. Phelan, manager of engineered services, Thermco, Clifton, N.J.
- Region II Director and Regional Chair: Jeff Clarke, CEO, Enviroair Industries, Inc., Mont-Royal, Quebec
- Region III Director and Regional Chair: Dunstan Laurence Macauley III, HBDP, senior associate, WSP, Fairfax, Va.
- Region XI Director and Regional Chair: Russell J. Lavitt, senior mechanical engineer, Stantec, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Region at Large Director and Regional Chair: Ahmed Alaa Eldin Mohamed, chairman, Middle East Gate Holding (MEG), Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Director-at-Large: Katherine G. Hammack, Fellow ASHRAE, partner, Ernst & Young, Mclean, Va.
- Director-at-Large: Sarah E. Maston, CPMP, president, Green Footprints Commissioning, Inc., Hudson, Mass.
- Director-at-Large: Chandra Sekhar, Fellow ASHRAE, professor, Building Services, National University of Singapore, Singapore