Atlanta, Georgia, United States, 7 May 2018: The ASHRAE Learning Institute (ALI) announced that 10 courses will be offered during ASHRAE’s 2018 Annual Conference in Houston, Texas, United States, to be held from June 23 to 27, 2018, in a Press communiqué. This includes four courses being presented for the first time, the communiqué said.
Bjarne W. Olesen, President, ASHRAE, said: “Each ALI course provides meaningful, credible technical information to industry professionals. We are proud to offer courses that communicate the value of the latest innovations and technology, as we work toward a more sustainable world for the next generation.”
New half-day courses include: ‘Advanced Designs for Net Zero Buildings’, ‘Latest in High-Performance Dedicated Outdoor Air Systems (DOAS)’, ‘Save 30% Complying with Standard 90.1-2013’ and ‘Cool Thermal Energy Storage Systems for Air Conditioning’, the communiqué said.
In addition to the four half-day short courses, two full-day seminars and four additional half-day courses are being offered from June 23 to 26, 2018, the communiqué said. All courses are led by experienced professionals to provide real-world engineering guidance, the communiqué further said.
According to ASHRAE, the complete conference course schedule is as follows:
June 23, 2018
- ‘The Commissioning Process in New and Existing Buildings’ (6 Hour),
- ‘Energy Modelling Best Practices and Applications’ (6 Hour)
Joseph Deringer and Erik Kolderup
- ‘Energy Management Best Practices’ (3 Hour)
June 24, 2018
- ‘Advanced Designs for Net Zero Buildings’ (3 Hour)
Peter Simmonds and Charles Eley
- ‘Latest in High-Performance Dedicated Outdoor Air Systems (DOAS)’ (3 Hour)
June 25, 2018
- ‘Save 30% Complying with Standard 90.1-2013’ (3 Hour)
McHenry Wallace and Joseph Deringer
- ‘Designing and Operating High-Performing Healthcare HVAC Systems’ (3 Hour)
June 26, 2018
- ‘Cool Thermal Energy Storage Systems for Air Conditioning’ (3 Hour)
- ‘Variable Refrigerant Flow System: Design and Application’ (3 Hour)
Paul Doppel and Jocelyn Léger
- ‘Humidity Control II: Real-World Problems and Solutions’ (3 Hour)
All 10 courses are open for registration and are eligible for Professional Development Hours (PDHs) or Continuing Education Credits (CEUs), the communiqué said.
For more information and to register for the ASHRAE Learning Institute course offerings, visit: www.ashrae.org/houstoncourses.