Danbury, Connecticut: Belimo Americas has announced that its North American headquarters has received LEED Gold Certification, under the LEED programme initiated by the US Green Building Council (USGBC). The facility, the announcement said, was rated 62 points in the LEED Gold Certification category, and rated 19 out of 19 points in the energy performance optimisation model, projecting 48% in energy savings.
The company said that the 200,000-square-foot building has the following features:
- Expanded production capabilities ensuring quality products with industry best lead times
- HVAC control valve design and testing laboratories – one of North America’s largest
- Hands-on training facility for Belimo University courses
- Improved space and facilities to better accommodate employees from Ability Beyond
- Wide range of interactive product demonstrations throughout the facility