Atlanta, Georgia: According to a press communiqué from ASHRAE, the Society has named nine new Distinguished Lecturers who will provide the Society Chapters with noted authorities and speak on the relevant topics that impact the built environment industry.
The communiqué said that since the programme began in 1996, over 2,000 lectures had been given, and 2016 marks the 17th year of the Distinguished Lecturer Program. The communiqué revealed that for the 2016-17 Society year, a total of 70 lecturers representing 12 countries, including Argentina, Canada, Denmark, Egypt, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Singapore, Thailand, Sri Lanka, the United Kingdom and the United States, will be delivering lectures. The lecturers are available to present on 395 topics and speak a combined 11 languages, it added.
Giving details of a few new lecturers and their presentation topics, ASHRAE revealed the following:
- Chandana Dalugoda, Managing Partner of Sri Lanka-based Chandana Dalugoda Consultants. Air Conditioning Systems for Tropical Humid Climates, Applied Psychometrics for Air Conditioning Systems, Cooling Load Calculations ASHRAE CLTD/SCL/CLF (cooling load temperature difference/cooling load factor/solar cooling load factor) Method, Reducing Carbon Footprint of Buildings in Developing Economies and Sustainable HVAC Designs for Green Buildings.
- Patricia Graef, P.E., Senior Engineer of Munters Corp. in Fort Myers, Florida. The Logic of Dedicated Outside Air Systems and the Core Technologies that Make Them Effective, and ANSI/ASHRAE 188-2015, Legionellosis: Risk Management for Building Water Systems.
- Jorge Hernandez, P.E., Regional Managers and Associates, Orlando, Florida. Basic Air Conditioning Concepts for Beginning Engineers and Architects, Basic Psycrometrics for Industrial Refrigeration Professionals, Critical Applications, Displacement Ventilation, Latest Developments in the HVAC World and Psycrometrics of Displacement Ventilation.
- Julia Keen, PhD, P.E., Department of Architectural Engineering, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas. ASHRAE Building Energy Quotient – Building Performance versus Building Certification and Rating, Ethical Decision Making – An Exercise in Application, How to Increase Profit – Retention of Women Engineers in the Workforce and Millennials – How to Manage the next Generation and Tools for Success (that do not require a calculator).
- Thomas Phoenix, P.E., Moser Mayer Phoenix Associates, Greensboro, North Carolina. Improving Building Performance, Passion and Performance and the Value of ASHRAE’s Building Energy Quotient.
- Richard Rooley, Project Management Partnership, Stoke Poges, United Kingdom. Sick Building Syndrome – Reality or Myth, Sublime Chaos in Construction: Each Profession and Trade as a Strange and Dominant Attractor, The People of Our Industry – The Human Seven Deadly Sins in the Use and Construction of Buildings and Worst Practice Lessons for Energy Efficiency.
- Gregory Scrivener, Cold Dynamics, Edmonton, Alberta. Canadian Refrigeration Safety Code, CO2 Refrigeration and Heat Pumping and Refrigeration Energy Essentials.
- Rajinder Singh, PhD, Pusa Institute of Technology, New Delhi, India. Applied Psychrometry for Air-Conditioning Engineers, Best Practices for Operation and Preventative Maintenance of HVAC, Systems in Green Buildings, Use of Green Secondary Refrigerant (Ice Slurry) for Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, and Vapor Absorption Refrigeration System.
- Om Taneja, P.E., Associated Consulting Company, Kendall Park, New Jersey. An Approach to Improved Indoor Air Quality and Operations of Buildings: Adopt Smart Buildings Technologies and Train Operations and Maintenance Staff for Required Competencies; Analytical, Performance and Prescriptive Codes and Measure for Life Cycle Assessment of Sustainability and Energy Efficiency Projects; Analytical, Performance and Prescriptive Measure for Life Cycle Assessment of Facilities Projects and more topics.
ASHRAE has informed that a complete listing of Distinguished Lecturers and detailed procedures on how to arrange a lecture presentation are available at www.ashrae.org/distinguishedlecturers