Dubai, UAE: Tarek M Al-Sitt, Standards Researcher at the GCC Standardization Organization (GSO) will be delivering a Special Address on the soon-to-be-launched VRF-specific regulation at the 4th Annual Middle East VRF Conference, to be held on March 21-22 at the Murooj Rotana, Dubai, CPI Industry, the conference producer, and the publishers of Climate Control Middle East magazine, has announced.
Al-Sitt, said the announcement, will be using the conference platform to give a briefing on the regulation to VRF manufacturers and on how they can get early access to the document, “GSO and its members – the National Standard Bodies (NSBs) in the GCC region – issue standards and Technical regulations in different fields, and it’s very important for the manufacturers to be informed of those regulations, as they directly impact the manufacturers’ trade volume,” Al-Sitt said. “The air conditioning industry is no different, and currently, there is one GSO Technical regulation that will be implemented on July 1. This technical regulation is related to low-voltage electrical equipment and appliances and requirements of safety and EMC. Another national regulation regarding air conditioning (specifically for VRFs) will be launched soon.”
Al-Sitt highlighted that GSO spares no efforts to harmonise available national regulations into a single GSO regulation, and aims to raise awareness among manufacturers and stakeholders early enough for them to be able to take necessary arrangements towards ensuring that their business is benefited – or at least not affected – when complying with those regulations.
Al-Sitt added that his aim was to make sure that all manufacturers were aware of the regulations. “Furthermore, their early participation in standards/technical regulations development is recommended,” he said. “Thus, during the conference, I will also give a brief on how they can participate in the preparation of those regulations and get early access to them, as well.”
Saying that GSO always welcomes feedback and suggestions from manufacturers, Al-Sitt informed that it runs dedicated workshops to have both experts and manufacturers at the same table, for the purpose of replying to inquiries and of clarifying any ambiguity, if they ever exist.
The conference has received unprecedented support from government agencies, CPI Industry said, and revealed that it is endorsed by the UAE Ministry of Climate Change & Environment, UAE Ministry of Infrastructure Development, Dubai Municipality, GSO and GORD.
In addition to Al-Sitt, the event producer said that the conference will see participation from a host of key decision-makers in government and other bodies.
The speaker line-up, the producer said, includes the following:
- Jassim Mohamed Al-Ali, Manager– Major Projects, Infrastructure, Power & Water Planning – Distribution Planning, Dubai Electricity & Water Authority (DEWA)
- Raied Al Bitar, Senior Manager – Mechanical Projects, Engineering & Infrastructure, Meraas Holding
- Essa Al Hashmi, Undersecretary Assistant of Environmental Affairs, UAE Ministry of Climate Change & Environment
- Engr Anwaar Al Shimmari, Director Projects Planning, UAE Ministry of Infrastructure Development
- Nabil Shafa Amry, Manager – MEP, La Casa Architects and Engineering Consultants
- Kandasamy Anbalagan, Managing Partner, Proleed Engineering Consultants
- George Berbari, CEO, DC Pro Engineering
- JM Bhambure, Executive Vice President, Blue Star Limited (India)
- Scott Coombes, Director, AESG
- Dr Esam Elsarrag, Director of Research and Development, Gulf Organization for Research & Development (GORD)
- Prashant Gadewar, DGM, Blue Star Limited (India)
- PR Jagannathan, Manager – Sustainability, TRAKHEES
- Tugrul Kumal, Regional Director, B2B Sales & Product Marketing – Air conditioners, Hisense Middle East
- Fady Nassar, Director – Unitary Business, K.M Air Conditioning LLC
- Engr Abdullah Rafia, Assistant Director General – Engineering and Planning Sector, Dubai Municipality
- Faris Saeed, CEO, Diamond Developers
- Dharmesh Sawant, Senior Manager – HVAC Engineering 1 Team, LG Electronics Gulf FZE (Middle East & Africa)
- Sathisha Shetty, Project Engineer – MEP, Engineering & Project Management, ENOC
- Hassan Younes, Technical Director & Partner, Griffin Consultants