Will help promote technical inputs for green material testing
Emirates Green Building Council (EmiratesGBC) has signed a Service Level Agreement (SLA) with the Dubai Central Laboratory (DCL), the integrated facility of Dubai Municipality that undertakes all testing and analyses of green materials and products.
Announcing this, EmiratesGBC said that the SLA was signed by Saeed Al Abbar, Chairman of EmiratesGBC, and Salem Bin Mesmar, Asst Director General for Environment, Health & Safety Control Sector of Dubai Municipality.
Giving details, EmiratesGBC informed that as per the agreement, DCL will:
- Perform the required tests and certification of the products and materials of EmiratesGBC members as per international standards
- Provide technical suggestions and recommendations relating to the testing specifications
- Participate in EmiratesGBC networking events and workshops
- Cooperate in developing future tours of the facility for the Council’s members
- Communicate new regulations by Dubai Municipality relating to green buildings.
On its part, EmiratesGBC will reportedly extend technical inputs for the testing and certification of green materials and products, support DCL’s annual conference and efforts on quality assurance for sustainable construction materials, share information and promote DCL’s recognised testing and certification facility with the Council members.
On the occasion of signing the agreement, Hawa Abdulla Bastaki, Director of DCL, said that DCL and EmiratesGBC shared a common vision and mission and that it was confident of the tie-up succeeding.
Al Abbar added: “We can achieve far greater efficiencies in constructing green buildings as well as in retrofitting existing structures by adhering to the highest standards in quality of materials used. This in turn will help fulfil the green vision for the nation outlined by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President and Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai.”