Oerlikon Leybold Vacuum
Dubbing it the new vacuum technology for the analytical market and R&D requirements, Oerlikon Leybold Vacuum has announced it will be presenting its TURBOVAC i line of molecular pumps at the 2014 PITTCON Conference & Expo in Chicago, to be held from March 2-6.
The manufacturer lists the following product features and benefits:
- Through their additional compression stage, the TURBOVAC 350 i and 450 i are particularly well-suited for ultra-high vacuum applications and for integration within compact pump system solutions.
- The 350 i and 450 i are designed with classic rotors excel with regard to high gas throughput, fast run-up time and insensitivity to particulates, and are, therefore, optimised for process applications and high gas loads.
- The 350 i and 450 i are available with an additional interstage port, allowing pumping down of an additional chamber.
- Offering a pumping speed for light gases up to 60% above that of comparative products, and a compression level approximately 100 times higher compared to products of the previous generation, they are designed especially for processes with small backing pumps.
- The multi-inlet pumps meet the requirements of analytical instrumentation as they offer high degree of flexibility and allow the customisation of the number, height and position of the vacuum connections. They can also be adapted to a specific vacuum chamber.
- They come with maintenance and oil-free hybrid bearings with lifetime lubrication.
- They have been equipped with a purge gas connection.
- They come with a rotatable vacuum flange connection, integrated drive electronics with direct 24/48 V DC supply, as well as a flexible communication interface with USB, RS 485 and digital I/O ports.