Claiming that it has been designed for mobile military and defense applications to protect electronics in harsh environments, EIC Solutions, manufacturer of thermoelectric air conditioners, electronic enclosures and transit cases, has introduced the ThermoTEC 145 Series 1500 BTU Military Grade (MG) air conditioner.
The manufacturer lists the following product features and benefits:
- The lightweight thermoelectric cooling units feature an auto ranging power capability – advanced chip circuitry which lets the units run on 24/28V DC or 120/240 AC power.
- The auto ranging feature automatically tracks and optimises available voltage to provide unimpeded cooling at the rated 1500 BTUs even when the units are installed in areas where voltage flow may vary, such as remote military installations.
- Operating at temperatures of up to 160°F, they are also available with higher ambient temperature tolerances.
- The units are manufactured to NEMA 4X standards to provide maximum protection against environmental variables.
- Solid state construction and the use of corrosion-resistant powder coated aluminum assure long life and durability.
- They can be integrated into existing transit cases or included as part of a custom pre-packaged solution in a new EIC Defender Series transit case. While the transit case protects electronic gear from dust, water, oil and most other environmental hazards, the ThermoTEC cooling unit keeps the temperature inside the case at safe operating levels to help ensure accurate performance of sensors, computers, telecommunication systems, surveillance devices and other gear inside the case.
- Shock and vibration test data is available as are many other options including RF/EMI shielding, custom-designed condensate drip pans, heaters, digital temperature controllers and rain shrouds.
- Certain models are also available for hazardous location (Class 1, Div. 2) applications.