Saying that the actuator gives valves the “extra muscle” they need for applications where higher close-off pressures are required, Belimo Americas has announced the release of its New Generation Globe Valve Actuator and Retrofit Linkage solution.
The manufacturer lists the following product features and advantages:
- They are engineered to suit a broad range of HVAC applications.
- The actuator offers greater force (up to 1011 lbf) with a reinforced rugged design, a selectable fail-safe position switch and a quick connect coupler, making installation quick and easy.
- With a retrofit linkage that adjusts to most globe valves, the actuator provides increased flexibility with reduced inventory.
- Other technical finer points are:
- Travel ranges of up to 2″ (50 mm)
- Multiple voltage options (24V and 120-230V)
- One universal linkage retrofits most globe valves, regardless of make
- Increased force ranges for higher close-off pressures
- Field selectable fail-safe position switches
- Lower power consumption during operation
Reinforcing the points stated above, Joseph Carcare, Product Manager, Belimo Retrofit Solutions, said: “With its innovative valve clamp and quick connect coupler, the New Generation Globe Valve Actuator can be installed and adapted in minutes. Engineered to suit a broad range of HVAC applications, the new generation actuator and retrofit linkages are highly adaptable making selection, installation and service hassle-free.”