Saying that it is the first fabric cylindrical duct for return air available in the market, and is therefore an important expansion for the HVAC fabric ducting industry, DuctSox has announced introducing SkeleCore for Return Air.
A return air duct system is one that returns the air that has been dispersed throughout the full duct back, and once supplied and dispersed effectively to cool down the area, the air is returned through the orifices located along the full length of the fabric duct, DuctSox explained.
DuctSox further claimed that SkeleCore is an internal framework system that provides cylindrical tensioning on the duct to ensure that it is round and taut at all times with or without any air pressure. This tension on the duct eliminates wrinkles on the fabric, sagging of the duct as well as disturbing fabric movement and a pop noise at the start-up, the manufacturer added.
According to the manufacturer, a return air ducting is a significant requirement for major indoor pool areas as well as food processing environments, where an efficient circulation is important.
The company lists the following product features and advantages:
- It is available in diameters from 200 mm (8”) to 1524 mm ( 60”) in increments of 50 mm (2”)
- The design parameters include a 5.08m/s (1000 FPM) velocity, an inlet static pressure of -30 Pa (-0.125 ESP) as well as a maximum duct diameter of 152 cm (60 inches).
- Because of its lightweight and efficient air delivery, as well as quicker and easier installation and maintenance, it is an alternative to traditional metal ducting.
- The vertical hanging system eliminates need for horizontal suspension.
- The product is installed with a one-year warranty.