WEG, dealing in the power distribution, automation and control sectors, has announced adding three new frame sizes to its W22X line of flameproof motors: the 560, 630 and 710. Produced in Maia, Portugal, WEG’s centre for the manufacture and design of MV and HV explosion proof induction motors, the W22X meets worldwide standards, the company claimed.
The manufacturer lists other product features and advantages:
- Innovations adopted in the W22X design include a tube array for optimising through draught cooling, which provides air ducts with both axial and radial flowpaths to maximise cooling of the rotor, stator and critical components such as the bearings.
- The range is allied with an aerodynamic fan and fan cover, designed for efficient air flow generation whilst minimising the noise output.
- The design of the junction box includes internal mounting bolts for protection against impact and environmental damage and prevents the accumulation of water whilst providing space for easy connections.
- There are multiple options available for the junction box while a current transformer, surge arrestor or capacitors can be fitted to the W22X.
- The three new frame sizes are all available in 2, 4, 6 and 8 pole versions with medium and high voltage options and a range of maximum outputs from 500kW to 4500kW.
- The entire W22X range is based on a welded steel construction and includes integral solid feet so that vibration is kept to a minimum, complementing the low noise outputs.
- With the W22X range WEG has the capability to provide optimal explosion-protected solutions for virtually all situations – from -55°C up to +60°C.
- The range is certified to ATEX and IECEx, including Ex d(e) I Mb, Ex d(e) IIB T4 Gb, Ex d(e) IIC T4 Gb and Ex tb IIC T125°C Db IP6X designations, making it deployable in most hazardous environments.
- Other national and regional certifications, such as GOST, CCOE, INMETRO, will be available in future.