Distech Controls, which provides building automation and energy management solutions, has announced introducing six new models of its Allure EC-Smart-Vue Series communicating room sensor, now with integrated CO2 and motion sensors.
The manufacturer lists the following product features and advantages:
- The Allure EC-Smart-Vue communicating sensor is designed to interface with Distech Controls’ BACnet ECB Series and LONWORKS ECL Series controllers.
- Its design includes a backlit display and icon-driven menu.
- It is suitable for VAV, fan coil, roof top, heat pump, and unit vent room control applications.
- By combining multiple sensors – temperature, humidity, CO2, and motion – in a single unit, it reduces time and installation costs, since only one room device needs be mounted, wired, and commissioned.
- The four-in-one communicating sensor offers additional energy savings compared to other sensing solutions, as it supports both demand-controlled ventilation and occupancy-based control strategies for HVAC and lighting.
- Its built-in CO2 sensor contributes to maintaining Indoor Air Quality (IAQ).
- It also features the ECO-Vue leaf pattern, which graphically indicates energy consumption in real time to promote occupants’ energy conscious behaviour.