Berner International Corp
Berner International Corp, a US manufacturer of air curtains, has announced expanding its In-Ceiling Mount (ICM) Series by adding the ICB, which it claims is the HVAC industry’s first in-ceiling flush mount air curtain rated for doorways with up to 16-foot-high ceilings in hotels, hospitals, office buildings, schools and other commercial facilities.
The company further claims that efficient one-hp motors combined with its proprietary Pro-V Nozzle design, which generates 50% more velocity at the floor versus standard ceiling mount units make the ICB’s unprecedented 16-foot range possible.
The manufacturer lists the following product features and advantages:
- The improved velocity allows for lower speed operation resulting in up to half the decibel ratings and energy consumption of competing in-ceiling air curtains.
- It is available in three to 12-foot lengths, features a high-style, low-profile faceplate available in white polyester-coated aluminum or stainless steel. It is also available in custom colour, powder-coat aluminum faceplates that offer an aesthetic choice.
- The heaters’ easy serviceability requires removing only two mounting screws and a quick-disconnect cable.
- It meets fire and life safety codes by drawing clean air directly from the lobby without the need of costly field-installed ductwork.
- It cuts maintenance costs with a cleanable, reusable media filter.
- The external service panel requires no ceiling panel removal and allows easy accessibility for component replacement or microprocessor control programming.
- It minimises insect and vehicle emission infiltration.
- The Intelliswitch is designed with self-diagnostic capabilities.
- It is applicable to both retrofit and new construction.
- Personal technical support is available during business hours, or a 24/7 online FAQ and troubleshooting page atwww.intellihow2.com.
- It is a perfect complement to the ICA, which is an AMCA-certified in-ceiling mount air curtain introduced last year for eight to 12-foot-high ceilings.