Carel, which designs and manufactures products for the air conditioning and refrigeration sector, has announced that it will be presenting its ChillBooster, an air cooling solution, at the Saudi HVAC Confex 2013, to be held from February 11 to 13.
The manufacturer lists the following product features and advantages:
- Flow-rate (l/h): 100, for the AC010D, 500 for the AC050D, 1000 for the AC100D
- Inlet pressure min.-max. (Bar/Mpa/ Psi): 3-8 / 0.3-0.8 / 40-115
- Temperature (°C/°F): 5-40 / 40-104
- Inlet, outlet and drain connection: G1/2” female
- Electrical specifications: 230 V, 50/60 Hz (depending on the model)
- Certification: CE
- The ChillBooster atomises water into very fine droplets that evaporate spontaneously. The atomised water cools the coil by a flow of colder air and droplets of water, allowing more favourable operating conditions.
- The droplets that evaporate from the surface of the fins actively contribute to the cooling process, increasing the booster effect.
- This allows liquid coolers and condensers to deliver their rated capacity even during the hotter periods of the year, which often coincide with operation at maximum load. This means no costly system oversizing.