Saying that they are built to meet the demanding requirements of the food and beverage processing, pharmaceutical and packaging industries, Regal, the UK-based manufacturer of electrical and mechanical motion control products, has announced launching Leeson Duck range of extreme waterproof stainless motors for washdown environments. Their encapsulated construction is designed to withstand severe washdown and sanitisation regimes, the company added.
The manufacturer lists the following product features and advantages:
- Its advanced thermal management allows it to dispense with the traditional array of cooling fins found on ordinary industrial motors, leaving a smooth clean outer surface free of potential dirt and bacteria traps.
- The design team has also completely eliminated the use of through-bolts and developed a screw-on conduit box cover to further reduce the potential for trapping contaminants on or within the motors.
- For a further line of defence, O-ring sealed openings are provided on the conduit box covers and rotor/cartridge covers.
- The Q-Car rotor/cartridge seal system gives quick access to the interior of the motor.
- A Protech bearing isolator is used for the output shaft seal and a rigid cast base to make the motors rugged enough for the most demanding applications.
- Like all Extreme Duck motors, the new range is supplied with high-performance inverter-rated insulation as standard to provide extra protection and long life, whether used in a switched environment or inverter driven. Enclosure protection is IP65.
- The range covers three-phase, 208-230/460 volt requirements at a 0.25 to 2kW power rating, with other variants from the range, such as White Duck and Premium Stainless Duck available for higher power ratings and other IEC frame sizes, including a brake motor version.