Distech Controls, dealing in automation and energy management solutions, has announced the availability of its Lonworks ECL Series programmable controllers. Dubbing it as an innovative, next generation series, the manufacturer said that it uses the latest Lonworks 2.0 technology, including the new FT-5000 Neuron frMom Echelon, providing significantly faster operating speeds and additional functionality.
The manufacturer lists the following product features and advantages:
- The Lonmark-certified products offer a robust, powerful and feature-rich hardware platform.
- The series includes a wide range of models, allowing system integrators and consulting engineers to select the most appropriate controller to cost-effectively address any application requirement.
- The ECL Series comes after the introduction of the company’s BACnet ECB Series, launched in June 2010, and the two share a common hardware platform and programming toolset. Thus, the product lines provide increased flexibility and efficiency at installation, helping reduce overall project cost.
- Energy-efficient control sequences built into the controllers automatically deliver maximum energy efficiency and optimised equipment operation.
- The ECL Series supports Distech Controls’ Allure EC-Smart-Vue communicating sensor with backlit LCD display and icon-driven menu.
- The line also features embedded wireless communication capabilities enabled via the open-to-wireless, wireless receiver module, offering building owners agility and flexibility, while optimising tenant comfort.