Dubbing it as a total HVAC solution to meet increasingly demanding air conditioning, floor heating, radiator and sanitary hot water supply needs using less energy, LG Electronics (LG) showcased its Hydro Kit at Mostra Convegno Expocomfort (MCE) 2012 in Milan. Giving the information in a communiqué, the company added that the product was honoured as a Percorso Efficienza & Innovazione (Efficiency and Innovation Path) product for MCE 2012.
According to LG, thanks to its advanced heat pump technology and an innovative compressor, the Hydro Kit can achieve energy savings of up to 7% over a boiler, which translates to approximately 3.6 times greater energy efficiency. In addition, the Hydro Kit’s heat pump works much more efficiently and conserves more energy than a traditional heating system based on fossil fuels or electricity, enabling customers to reduce running costs, it said.
The manufacturer listed the following product features and benefits:
- The system attains a significantly higher coefficient of performance (COP) of up to 4.2 than a regular boiler.
- It is eco-friendly, as its energy operations are made possible by using ambient air as a renewable energy source.
- As a result of the above, it achieves reduction of up to 51% less CO² emissions than a conventional boiler.
- It can be connected to multiple heat pumps that utilise air, water and ground sources to create a green, eco-friendly system.
- Equipped with LG’s inverter and two-stage compressor technology, the system maintains 100% of its heating capabilities and an 80˚C hot water supply even when the outside temperature reaches -15˚C.