Aldes has introduced MR, a newly developed constant airflow regulator (CAR), which it says helps improve Indoor Air Quality. Aldes claims that it is a smart solution to balance airflows in HVAC ductwork to a constant level through a passive control, ensuring thermal comfort.
The manufacturer lists the following product features and benefits:
- It can be used for both air supply and return/exhaust.
- Its wide range automatically regulates airflow rates between 15 and 1100m3/h, and avoids under-ventilation or over-ventilation, making it energy efficient.
- It ensures correct airflows within a pressure range of 50-200 Pa, while high pressure version ensures correct airflows within a pressure range of 150-600 Pa.
- Its operating temperature range is between -10°C and +60°C.
- It automatically adjusts to compensate for changes in duct length, duct leakage, filter loading, and damper settings, to deliver designed airflow rate.
- It eliminates on-site balancing of forced HVAC systems, while its design simplifies engineering work and compensates for minor errors caused by inflating-deflating action of the silicon bulb.
- It can be directly inserted inside the branch ducts or terminal device locations.
- Commonly used in heat and energy recovery systems, it ensures maximum efficiency.
- It does not require commissioning/balancing after installation, and it’s easy to maintain.