Jotun Powder Coatings
A leading manufacturer of powder coating technology, Jotun Powder Coatings, has announced the global launch of its new line of eco-friendly products, Guard Gaze, Guard Miles and Guard Miles+. The new Guard product range is the result of Jotun’s continuous move to enhance product value through more mileage, better operating efficiency, lower temperature cure, colour and appearance enhancements, Jotun claimed, and added that the three new powder coatings have been developed to meet the growing demand and requirements of industrial manufacturers, be it for domestic appliances or metal furnishing and accessories.
According to Jotun, applications of the Guard series include refrigerators, air conditioners, heating radiators, microwave ovens, washing machines, shelving units, light fixtures, lighting, commercial racks and metal furniture.
Jotun emphasised that the low temperature cure focus is one of the many ways in which the company is trying to make its sustainable products more environmentally friendly.
The manufacturer has listed the following product features and advantages:
- All Jotun Powder Coatings products are lead-free. Therefore, the unused or over-sprayed powder can be recycled with minimal wastage, and disposal is safe and easy.
- Being dry, they do not contain any solvents. Therefore, no Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) are released.
- Guard Miles offers an optimum balance of excellent aesthetic finishes and features chemical and mechanical properties that provide protection from hot, wet and dry environments.
- Guard Miles has been designed to give OEMs and job coaters more mileage and better operating efficiencies, together with good flow and optimal protection to suit diverse needs.
- Guard Miles+ provides better powder utilisation and reduces time and cost maintenance.
- It comes with cost-effective powder applications that optimise mileage and material utilisation properties.
- If applied with the right equipment and expertise, Guard Miles+ powder solutions can achieve up to 30% reduction in powder consumption.
- Guard Gaze is available in a wide range of colour shades for manufacturers looking to enhance the value of their products through appearance, whilst being able to save energy and gain productivity through flexible and low temperature cure.