Seeks the best scientific thesis on the subject
In an announcement, Eurammon, a joint European initiative of companies, institutions and individuals, who advocate increased use of natural refrigerants, has called for submission of entries for the fourth time, for the Natural Refrigeration Award. The award will be presented to the best scientific dissertation in the field of natural refrigerants. Eurammon will also invite the winners to present their dissertation to an international audience during the award ceremony. For the first time, the organisation has also associated itself, vis-à-vis the Award, with the social media platform, Facebook, and offers international participants an opportunity to network with each other, the announcement added.
According to the announcement, for this initiative, it is joining forces with the technical faculty of Rijeka University, Croatia, and the Russian trade magazine, Refrigeration Business, to award the prize of € 5,000.
Eurammon has listed the following criteria and other details for the submission of papers:
- The Award is open to all graduates from universities, colleges and similar educational institutions, whose scientific work has been acknowledged as a Bachelor’s/Master’s dissertation or comparable qualification.
- The dissertation must be devoted to the issue of refrigeration with natural refrigerants, such as ammonia, carbon dioxide, hydrocarbons or water.
- The paper should have been assessed between January 2010 and June 2011.
- The closing date for submitting applications for the award is June 30.
- The submission must consist of an English abstract, the completed application form and the dissertation.
- An international jury of representatives from science, business and the media will decide on the winning entry.
- The prizes will be awarded during the autumn of 2011.
More information and application forms can be found on www.eurammon.com or on Facebook.
Speaking about the significance of the award, Monika Witt, Chairwoman of Eurammon, said: “With the Natural Refrigeration Award, we want to support young scientists and give an international incentive for further research work into refrigeration with natural refrigerants. In the context of the current climate debate, the aim must be to make refrigeration more sustainable and promote the use of natural refrigerants. Natural refrigerants are not only environment friendly, but also energy efficient, and will, therefore, assume a more significant role in the future.”
According to Eurammon, since 2005, it has been presenting the Natural Refrigeration Award every two years.