Claiming that it has further developed the existing unit series, GVHX/GVVX flat-bed condenser, which was launched in 2008, Güntner has announced in a news release that it has now combined the GVH/GVV condenser series, with the benefits of microox technology. It will be presenting the GVHX/GVVX as the first flat-bed condenser incorporating the new technology at Chillventa, the announcement said, and added that the GVHX/GVVX had a high power density in relation to its footprint.
Güntner lists the following product features and advantages:
- The brazed microox heat exchangers are made from high-quality aluminium alloy, which protects the unit against galvanic corrosion. Since aluminium has a very low specific weight, the heat exchangers are up to 50% lighter than conventional fin-tube heat exchangers. In addition, the amount of refrigerant can be reduced by up to 75%, which under certain circumstances, can reduce the number of leak test that have to be carried out.
- The performance data of the GVHX/GVVX have been checked and confirmed according to the specifications of Eurovent Certify All.
- To guarantee long-term operation of the axial condensers, every GVHX/GVVX is subject to a comprehensive quality test before it leaves the factory. The heat exchangers are inspected for leaks with burst tests (alternating pressure tests) with a bursting pressure of more than 100 bar.
- Extensive endurance tests are performed on the microox heat exchangers in different transport situations.
- Precisely adapted casing dimensions for truck and container transport ensure that up to three units can be stacked on top of each other to save space during storage and make optimum use of the loading area during transportation.
- The resistant aluminium heat exchangers have a self-supporting casing design with a minimum number of feet, considerably reducing the effort with regards to substructures on the building site.
- GVHX/GVVX is equipped with copper connections to allow simple installation.
- As installation variants, the GVHX can be delivered with a horizontal coil position and the GVVX with a vertical coil position; they can also be retrofitted.
- GVHX/GVVX can be used for all conventional refrigerants up to 41 bar operating pressure.
- A wide range of accessories is available, such as receivers, empty casings and subcoolers.
- AC and EC fans can be used for the GVHX/GVVX.
The manufacturer added that Güntner Controls offered a range of controllers and control cabinets coordinated to be used with the heat exchangers, and the GMM EC and the Güntner Motor Management for EC fans, offered optimum integration into building management.