Claiming that it has been specially developed for OEM applications and high-volume production, E+E Elektronik has launched CO2 sensor module EE892, which it says consumes less power. It supports this claim by saying that features, such as an adjustable measuring interval, enable optimum adaptation to specific applications while maintaining an average current consumption of less than 60μA.
This, says the manufacturer, makes the EE892 CO2 sensor module the ideal battery-operated, energy-saving device.
E+E Elektronik lists the following product features and advantages:
- The digital interface and compact design facilitate clear-cut integration in mobile and energy-sensitive applications such as, data loggers or demand-controlled ventilation.
- The CO2 load cell is based on infrared technology (NDIR) and, thanks to the patented E+E autocalibration process, it is maintenance-free.
- Ageing effects are compensated automatically to guarantee outstanding long-term stability.
- The measuring accuracy and the large measuring range of up to 10,000 ppm make the EE892 an ideal tool for universal and flexible applications.
- E+E also provides corresponding application notes to enable easy integration of the CO2 sensor module in specific customer applications.