Trane, Ingersoll Rand
Introducing Trane Tracer ZN525 controller, Trane, the manufacturer of the product, claimed that it ensures optimum energy efficiency, increases comfort and eliminates operating noise when combined with EC fan motor technology.
According to Trane, Tracer ZN525 was developed to meet the specific comfort needs of hotels and office buildings, and is certified as a LonMark Space Comfort Controller type SCC 8501. The company explained that the controller runs terminal units to adapt to the exact cooling and heating needs of individual zones or rooms in a building. As a result of cascade control based on room and discharge air temperature monitoring, this configuration avoids potential cold or hot air drafts, added Trane.
It further claimed that the controller maximised the energy-efficiency of an EC fan motor terminal unit through fan speed optimisation, and a random start function to limit power-up demand. This, said Trane, avoids peak time tariff periods for further energy savings. Additionally, a window contact switches off the heating/cooling unit when a window is opened, it added.
The manufacturer listed the following features and advantages of the product:
- Significant reduction in sound levels with the Tracer ZN525 intelligent fan speed and valve control, ensuring that up to 40% of nominal capacity is available at low fan speed
- The controller allows for fan cycling, which turns the fan off whenever zone temperature is at optimum comfort level
- To reduce on-site commissioning time and maximise assembly quality, it can be factory-mounted on all Trane chilled water terminal units equipped with EC fan motor technology
- This includes the EC fan motor fan coil units and cassettes, chilled beams and chilled ceilings
- Controls two-pipe or four-pipe units with or without electric heaters and optimises performance with either floating or thermal valve actuators
- It is also offered as a field-installed controller
- Compact unit with an embedded 230Vac power supply
- DIN-rail or screw mounting, removable terminal strips and a configuration tool ensure quick and easy installation
- Can be part of a fully integrated Trane room comfort solution in combination with lighting and sun blind controllers Tracer EXL and Tracer EXB
- Also compatible with the Trane wall interfaces range ZSM10, ZSM11 and ZSM31, including the wireless ZSM31-W
Commenting on the product, Franck Biegalke, applied integrated systems leader for Trane Europe, Middle East, India and Africa, said: “Comfort is key for hotels and offices. The Tracer ZN525 is an important component of a high performance room comfort system because it integrates seamlessly into a complete Building Management System (BMS) architecture.”