TriPace Electric APU System; T-1000 Spectrum Multi-Temp Unit and SmartPower High Output Electric Standby Option
Saying that the products offered innovative solutions, reduced cost and met applicable regulatory and environmental standards, Thermo King introduced three new products – the TriPace Electric APU System, the T-1000 Spectrum multi-temp unit for trucks and the SmartPower High Output Electric Standby Option.
Thermo King Corporation, a business of Ingersoll Rand, manufacturers of transport temperature control systems for mobile applications, said that the products, unveiled at the Mid- America Trucking Show in Louisville, Kentucky held from March 25-27, were designed based on customer feedback and extensive field and lab tests, and claimed that they would help run cleaner, quieter, more energy-efficient fleets and meet operational and environmental concerns.
TriPace Electric APU System
- It is an electric auxiliary idle-reduction and temperature- management system designed to maintain comfortable temperature conditions in the truck cab without running the engine.
- It is battery and not engine operated, thus significantly reducing fuel and maintenance costs.
- It is cool, clean, quiet and emission-free, meeting anti-idle and antiemissions regulations and providing optimum system performance and a low life cycle cost.
T-1000 SPECT RUM Multi-Temp Unit for Trucks
- It is a self-powered multi-temperature unit with the latest scroll compressor technology.
- The SmartPower electric standby option along with its advanced fuelsaving control technology provides fuel savings in all ambient conditions.
- Its Tier 4 engine emits 38% less particulate matter and 54% less carbon monoxide than previous engines.
- It is available in two and threecompartment configurations, providing flexibility.
SmartPower High Output Electric Standby Option
- It provides the choice of a 24 HP highoutput electric standby option or the existing 14 HP version.
- It delivers quicker pre-cool and less run-time for customers hauling larger frozen loads, along with a greater overall cooling capacity.
- Its electric motor reduces emissions, waste generation, noise and engine wear and tear.
“Our customers need technology that not only meets and evolves with regulatory and environmental requirements,” said Chris Casazza, President, Thermo King. “They also need technology that reduces costs in order to remain competitive. Our innovations are designed to help them achieve both of these goals now and throughout the lifecycle of their fleets.”